Saturday, December 19, 2020

64

 I’ve had the joy of 64 Christmases.  That’s a lot of great memories, many years of celebrating baby Jesus’ birth, love, lights, gifts, and family happiness.  Being part of this family is something I’m so grateful to God for. My family is alive, it grows in number and memories.  64 birthdays, Easters, winters, springs, summers and autumns experienced.  64 cycles of time that I know follow each other.  This predictability gives a sense of safeness and peace.  God thought of everything when He created us and this beautiful world.  As this Christmas approaches, I realize this will be my 65th.  Time marches on.  Let’s cherish each moment, hour, day, and year ~ thanking God for all of the beautiful memories. I thank Him for all of the people in my life throughout the years, all orchestrated by Him especially for me.  64 is really the 65th chance I get at it all again. Death is really life of the soul for eternity, Jesus’ death was really eternal life for us all and a chance to be with Him, our Father, and the Holy Spirit forever.  Things aren’t only what they seem.  This darkness that we are in right now will be brightened by the Christ Child and beyond.  Count it all good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment