Friday, August 30, 2013

Baby Jesus

On Twitter the other day, I saw a post by Teresa Tomeo about the Real Men Pray the Rosary 33 day rosary challenge. As a woman who prays the rosary every day, I decided to join this challenge too - I was especially intrigued by the meditations being 33 days, one each year Jesus lived on earth. I decided also to meditate each day on Jesus at the age each day associated with it. The day prior, with the intercession St. Augustine gave me, I meditated on the time Jesus was in the womb, praying to end abortion, thinking how Mary lived carrying him, her total submission to God’s plan, how he developed and possibly heard things in the outside world. He was nourished by what she ate and was loved even though it was not a pregnancy that would be considered ideal. Yesterday, I meditated on Jesus at birth through age one and the blessings and insights grew. I have an eight month old grandson so I tried to relate to Jesus learning to sit and crawl, smiling, learning, and growing. I prayed that all children would get the chance to be born and that baby Jesus would surely be interceding in these prayers. It was such a blessing to imagine Him at this age. Thoughts came to mind that Joseph was a huge part in these incidences and asked him also to pray with me. I thanked God the father who sacrificially allowed His son to come to earth and how immense His love is for each of us. The meditations these past two days were so awesome and I can’t wait because today’s meditations will be on Jesus from age one to two. I wonder what He will do today!

No comments:

Post a Comment